Rechargeable battery in BMW, Mini Cooper and Range Rover Key Fobs
BMW / Mini Cooper / Range Rover car owners,
Did you know in a lot of cases, you have a rechargeable battery in your remote key fob that recharges whenever you turn the car ON. These batteries die after several years and do not charge anymore. The sign of weakening battery is you start getting closer proximity to the car to lock / unlock. If this is happening, you may think you will need a new remote key fob. We have another cheaper alternative.
We at Auto Key Pro in Hamilton have the expertise in-house to replace the battery with a genuine battery that will recharge again and save you money. Word of precaution not to do it yourself because if you pry open the housing and hit the electronic board inside, that will likely damage the board and potentially may stop starting your car.
Auto Key Pro is a local Hamilton Car Locksmith company specializing in automotive/car key and remote, servicing the Burlington, Ancaster, Stoney Creek area. We offer mobile service for lost car keys situations. We also specialize in refurbishing key fobs, cracked shells, remote refurbish, broken keys from shells and more. In addition, if you have any remotes, FOBs, remote transmitters, Smart keys, prox/proximity keys electronics that do not work, we have the experts in house that can repair them. We try out best to save customer money as that’s a win-win situation.
To visit your local Hamilton Car Locksmith, you can pass by our store at 961 Main St E in Hamilton. Intersection of Main St E and Gage Ave. We are open from 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Auto Key Pro Team
Hamilton Car Locksmith
Have you had a remote that stopped working suddenly? Or cracked / broke due to usage? Or some buttons work and others don’t? Or intermittently working? We have seen them all and would be able to provide you free diagnostics to find out if it’s repairable.
Here are some of the problems we have come across related to car remotes in Hamilton –
1. GMC / Pontiac / Buick / Chevrolet remotes stop working due to broken battery holder. Also in a lot of cases, some buttons stop working and some work intermittently. We have the correct tools and expertise to repair and refurbish.
2. Honda Remote Keys tend to crack near the end of the key and that’s due to the twisting force during usage. We stock all shells to be able to refurbish and laser cut and transfer the electronics from the old remote key to the new remote key and save you money.
3. Old Dodge / Chrysler remote keys tend to cracked and separate the key from the shell, or the buttons stop. In some cases, the car does not start anymore because the transponder chip inside the remote key head was damaged. We have come across dozens of these situations and able in most cases repair and get it back to new condition.
4. New Dodge / Chrysler FOBIKs have the tendency to cracked near the panic area, and that’s due to the design of the shell, when that happens, then next problem that occur is for the car not to start, and we have come across dozens of these situations. We recommend refurbishing the shell with us when a sign of cracking occurs. In other cases the remote stops working, and that’s due to several factors, we have had a success rate of 95% to repair these type of problems.
5. Key Ring loop broken? No problem as we stock a wide diverse of shells to refurbish your OEM Remote, and are able to service you same day.
6. BMW, Mini Cooper diamond key remote stop working? The dealers typically only sell you a new one, however we at Auto Key Pro have the expertise in house to replace the battery with a genuine rechargeable battery for it to last longer. We also can offer a new remote key shell to make it look brand new again.
7. Remote Key / Smart Key / FOB dropped in water? There is a 60% of recovery so make sure you pass by our store in Hamilton to attempt to revive it before you spend money on a new one.
We at Auto Key Pro specialize in repairing and refurbishing your keys. If you are looking for a car locksmith with an electronics engineering background to handle any of the above or other electronic problems related to your keys and remotes, Auto Key Pro in Hamilton is the right place to be.
Auto Key Pro
Hamilton Car Locksmith Repair/Refurbish Service