Are you in a situation where your Mercedes Benz vehicle suddenly decided not to start? You insert the key and it would not turn? Or you insert the key and turns but your dash does not turn on? And it displays “Remove Key”? Unfortunately this is caused due to the failure of 1 of 3 components –
- Bad Key – If your Mercedes Smart Key IR board goes bad, the EIS (Electronic Ignition Switch) would not recognize the key and this would not give the proper authorizations to the rest of the system to allow the vehicle to start. At Auto Key Pro, we have the tools and expertise to test the key to confirm if that’s the cause of the problem or not. Saving you hundreds in diagnostics fee. If the key is the problem, we can have a new key ready within few hours.
- EIS (Electronic Ignition Switch) – This is the computer module that has all the key information, this is the module which your key gets inserted into and it communicates with each other via IR. If the EIS gets damaged or corrupted, it will not allow the vehicle to start. At Auto Key Pro, we have the team and tools and expertise to diagnose an EIS issue and attempt to repair or replace it saving you thousands compared to the dealer. Service to be completed within 24 hours.
- ESL (Electronics Steering Lock) – This is the computer module that is responsible to unlock and lock the steering wheel whenever you insert and remove the key from the EIS. The way this works is by inserting the key into the EIS, the EIS confirms if the key is valid, if it is, it send the signal to the ESL to release the steering lock. Once the steering lock is released, the ESL sends the signal to the EIS that it’s unlocked and then the EIS sends the signal to the dash and other related computers to turn on and start the vehicle (giving them the authorizations). If the Steering Lock is damaged, the vehicle would also not start. We have solutions with lifetime warranty for this and this saves you thousands compared to the dealer. Service to be completed within 24 hours.
A trip to the dealer to look into this situation for you typically goes like this –
- Diagnostics fees of 1 to 2 hours
- Some cases we have been told that the dealers order a new key and that takes 1 to 2 weeks to get from Germany. Average cost $300+T.
- If the new key does not start the car, they may decide to replace the EIS, average cost of $1200+T.
- If they decide to replace the ESL, the average cost is around $1500+T with the chances of this happening again high.
We have worked on several vehicles with these issues and can identify which module is bad and replace that right away. Saving you time and money.
We at Auto Key Pro, specialize in Mercedes keys programming and Electronic Steering lock (ESL) and Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS) programming. Do not hesitate to contact for any issues related to Mercedes Key. We offer same day service, with mobile onsite van, and trained techs to do the job, for the customer to have a worry free service.
Have you ever come across your Dodge Chrysler or Jeep vehicle display a Bad Key Error Message on your dash display? Chances are your FOBIK (Frequency Operated Buttons Integrated Key) or the "Smart Key" is damaged and the vehicle does not recognize it anymore.
The design of these electronics boards are not necessarily the best and the possibility of the FOBIK going bad is very high. This typically happens because of the exterior plastic shell breaking and then moisture penetrating and weakening the board. Also, when the plastic portion starts to break due to the twist force applied when starting the vehicle, the board also is applied with twist force which causes it to get damaged.
We frequently come across these scenarios and there are several options we can offer to make resolve the situation. Note we also have mobile service to be able to come on site and program a new original key and get you going back on the road quickly. The process does not take more than 15 minutes.
These FOBIKs apply to most Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles starting from 2008 onwards, specifically Grand Caravans. Here is an image of the FOBIK -
Auto Key Pro is a local Auto Locksmith company specializing in automotive/car key and remotes servicing both the Toronto and Hamilton areas. We offer mobile service for lost car key situations and can pop the lock for vehicle unlocks. We also specialize in refurbishing key fobs, cracked shells, key replacements, we can remote refurbish broken keys from shells. In addition, if you have any remotes, Key FOB, remote transmitters, Smart keys, prox/proximity keys electronics that do not work, we have the experts in house that can repair them. We look to save the customer money by repairing before replacing.
We also have a location in Hamilton, which you can pass by at 961 Main St E in Hamilton at the intersection of Main St E and Gage Ave.
Auto Key Pro Team
Toronto and Hamilton Car Locksmith